Nothing is more fun than a Crawfish Boil. Crawfish are a cross between lobster and shrimp at least that is how I explain these delicacies. Crawfish may seem like a lot of work to peel and eat, but worth the effort. We were invited to a Louisiana Crawfish Boil, hosted by friends from Louisiana, everything was authentic including the spices. I love parties where you bring a side, especially since the host was boiling crawfish all day. From hot sauce to remoulaude sauce, the crawfish were divine. A good side dish for any outdoor gathering is Spaghetti Salad. My recipe is a take off from one of my favorite eateries in the South. A little spice, a little pasta, some cheese, what’s not to like!
I hope you enjoy this for your next outdoor gathering, seafood or otherwise. As they say in New Orleans… Let the Good Times Roll!
- 2 Pounds Thin Spaghetti Cooked Al Denti, Drained & Cooled
- 1 Bunch Green onions Chopped
- ½ Red Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper (I like to add more, ½ teaspoon more)
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Pepper
- 1 ½ cups of Mayonnaise, I use the light but you decide
- 3 Cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
Combine all ingredients, stir until well mixed together. Let stand in refrigerator for two hours.