We are so pumped to announce Doug from Minnesota as our grand prize winner of the BBQ without the Buzzkill contest! His Breaded, Grilled, and Smoked BBQ Hot Wings are a revelation! So much flavor, crunch, and kick! We love that Doug used Killer Hog’s “The BBQ Rub” and “The BBQ Sauce”. Malcom was super impressed with this innovative recipe. Way to go, Doug!
Breaded, Grilled, and Smoked BBQ Hot Wings
- 3 lb. chicken wings
- 1.5 cups cornmeal
- Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub
- Killer Hogs The BBQ Sauce
- Franks Red Hot
- Unsalted butter
- First section 3lbs of wings. Then place in a bag with 1.5 cups finely ground cornmeal and a 1/4 cup of Killer Hogs THE BBQ Rub. Shake to coat.
- Place on grill direct heat to crisp and set the breading on each side. Watch closely as it will burn quickly.
- Next place them in your smoker at 225 deg. or indirect heat on your grill and spray lightly with oil. Smoke for 1 hr or longer until 165 deg is reached.
- Make sauce with 1 cup of Killer Hogs The BBQ sauce, 1 cup Franks Red Hot and a half stick of unsalted butter in a pot and warm. Brush wings with sauce and let cook for 10 min to set the sauce.
The Finished Product