Mouth watering already? Read below for instructions on how to make a savory pulled pork with a delicious sweet and spicy glaze!
- 8-10lb Pork Butt Roast
- 2oz Yellow Mustard
- 4oz BBQ Rub
- 8oz Red Wine Vinegar
- 8oz Water
Sweet and Spicy Glaze Recipe:
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- ¼ cup Apple Juice
- ¼ cup Apple Jelly
- 1 Tablespoon Hot Sauce
Heat jelly in a microwave-safe container. Add remaining ingredients together and mix well.
1. Remove Pork Butt from packaging and pat dry with paper towel to remove moisture.
2. Apply mustard to the outside of Pork Butt. Then liberally coat all sides with BBQ rub.
3. Prepare smoker for indirect smoking at 275⁰ with a light smoke. Use any wood you like, a mixture of Hickory and Cherry works well with this recipe.
4. Place Pork Butt on center of cooking rack and close the lid.
5. Combine vinegar and water in a spray bottle and spritz pork butt every hour during smoking process.
6. After 4 hours – or when desired color on the outside of the pork butt is reached –
remove from smoker.
7. Spay pork butt really well with vinegar mixture and apply more BBQ Seasoning and then wrap in 2-3 layers of aluminum foil.
8. Continue to cook Pork Butt until you reach an internal temperature of 198⁰
9. Unwrap Pork Butt and transfer to wire rack. Brush the outside of the Pork Butt with ½ the glaze mixture and return to smoker for 15 minutes.
10. Rest Pork Butt for 20 minutes in a dry cooler (you can hold pork butt for up to 4 hours in dry cooler before serving).
11. After resting, pull the pork butt to make pulled pork.
12. Serve immediately and serve with remaining glaze.