2 slabs of St. Louis Spare Ribs
1/2 Cup Coarse Ground Black Pepper
1/4 Cup Kosher Salt
1 Cup Water
1/2 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Prepare smoker of your choice for indirect cooking at 275⁰ with a light smoke. Use any wood you like; Pecan works well with this recipe.
2. Remove ribs from packaging and remove membrane from bone side.
3. Combine Salt and Black Pepper in a bowl and pour into a shaker bottle.
4. Season ribs liberally on both sides with salt/pepper mixture.
5. Place ribs on smoker, close the lid and maintain a steady temp of 275⁰ during
the entire cooking process.
6.Mix water and vinegar in a spray bottle.Spritz ribs every 45 minutes or when
they begin to look dry.
7. After 2.5 hours remove ribs from smoker, spritz with vinegar mixture and wrap in
8.Return ribs to smoker and continue to cook for approximately 2 hours. (Check ribs
for doneness after 1 hour and every 15 minutes after that. Once desired tenderness
is reached pull off smoker). Internal temperature should be 204⁰.
9. Rest ribs for 15 minutes and serve.