A delicious and tender smoked brisket that will have your mouth watering!
- 1 6-8lb Brisket Flat
- 2oz BBQ Rub
- 1oz Kosher Salt
- 1oz Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- ½ oz Granulated Garlic
- 8oz Beef Broth
1. Prepare smoker or charcoal grill for indirect cooking at 275⁰.
2. Combine Salt, Black Pepper, and Garlic in small bowl. Season both sides of brisket with mixture.
3. Layer on BBQ Rub and rest brisket for 1 hour in refrigerator.
4. Place brisket on smoker and add 2-3 Hickory wood chunks to fire box for smoke.
5. Cook brisket until internal temperature reaches 170⁰ about 3 hours.
6. Place brisket on top of 2 layers of aluminum foil. Fold edges up and pour beef broth
alongside brisket. Close the foil and place brisket back on smoker.
7. Continue to cook brisket until internal temperature reaches 200⁰.
8. Remove brisket from smoker and rest for 1-2 hours in a dry cooler before carving.
9. Cut brisket into ¼” slices and serve.