- 12 Bratwurst or Italian Sausages
- 2 Sweet Yellow Onions
- 2 Green Bell Peppers
- 24oz Beer
- 12 Brat Buns or Hard Rolls
- Arrange sausages in a half-size aluminum pan. Quarter 1 of the onions and place in the pan. Pour beer over the sausages and place on Med. Hot grill. Simmer brats for 30min but don’t let it come to a boil. Reduce heat if necessary.
- While the sausages are simmering, slice the green pepper and remaining onion into thin strips. Season lightly with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. In a separate pan melt 2 TBS butter on the grill. Add the pepper and onion and sauté just until tender about 10 min.
- Remove the sausages from the beer bath and place directly on the grill rack. Brown on all sides being careful not to puncture the casing. Add the sausages to the pan with the peppers and onions once browned.
- Serve with warm Brat Buns and top with peppers, onions, and spicy mustard.