Bronco’s vs Seahawks a SUPER showdown in New Jersey. The Meadowlands will host the Super Bowl this year and it will be full of surprises, not just football but weather. My favorite memory of The Meadowlands is watching my son as the starting guard in High School football at Giants Stadium. Great memory, but the weather in December was blowing, swirling snow and very cold, the only warm feeling was winning the State Championship. Trust me amazing stadium, but ask any fan it can be brutally cold.
Football is fun to watch no matter if you are attending the game or hanging out with friends watching the game at home. Our home will be hosting many football fans and food is as important as touchdowns. Sausage Blossoms are an easy make ahead dish, so you can enjoy the game too. My sister shared this sausage recipe years ago and it has never disappointed. So for those of you planning on attending the game, dress warm it will be cold, but have a few Sausage Blossoms pre-game.
- 1 pound sausage cooked and drained
- 2 cups medium salsa
- 1 ½ cups Mexican grated cheese
- 1 Package Wonton Wrappers
- Sour Cream for garnish
- Mix drained cooked sausage, salsa, and cheese together until melted.
- Spray mini muffin tins with nonstick spray. Place one wonton wrapper in each muffin space gently push it in, fill with one heaping teaspoon of sausage mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes or until lightly brown. Remove and top with dollop of sour cream. Makes 48.