Nothing beats an easy, fun recipe for bakers on the go. Remember the scene from “My Big Fat Greek Wedding” the “Bundt Cake”, well this Bundt cake will please everyone’s family. I remember picking the pecans off the ground from our pecan tree when I was younger. Cracking the pecans and getting the “meat” out, it is a real talent. Smash the pecan shell and you smash the meat, so you get nothing for your efforts. Cracking the shells, gently removing the pecans, cleaning them and somehow they always ended in my mouth rather than in the dish for later use. The good news is now you can now purchase shelled, cleaned pecans in any grocery store, especially good living in the Northeast. Although I do have a friend who brought unshelled pecans to me last year, gave me something to do while watching T.V. I hope you enjoy the fragrant smell of toasted pecans and coconut in your kitchen as much as my family. Wonderful way to awaken your family in the morning.
Coconut Pecan Cake
- 1 Yellow Boxed Cake Mix
- 1 container of Coconut/ Pecan Frosting in the can
- 4 eggs
- 1 Cup Water
- ½ Cup Oil
- 1 Cup Toasted Chopped Pecans (toast pecans in oven at 350 for about 10 minutes stirring half way)
- 1 Cup Toasted Coconut (toast coconut in oven at 350 for about 5-10 minutes watch closely so you don’t burn the coconut)
- 1 ¼ Cups Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons of Milk ( more if needed)
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla extract
Mix above ingredients until smooth and set aside.
- Mix first five ingredients together until well blended and smooth.
- Add ½ cups toasted pecans and ½ cup toasted coconut to mixture and stir well.
- Pour into a greased and floured Bundt pan, bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to one hour, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove cake from pan, and pour glaze over inverted cake. Place the rest of toasted pecans and toasted coconut on top of the glazed cake.
This is very moist and freezes well.