Ken’s amazing Chicken Bomb recipe is our August winner of the BBQ without the Buzzkill contest! This is no ordinary BBQ chicken recipe. What we have here is a jalapeño stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped in BBQ rubbed chicken, wrapped in bacon and then topped with Ken’s own apple jelly glaze. These are a guarantee hit at your next BBQ.
- chicken breast
- cheddar cheese
- cream cheese
- Killer Hog’s Rub
Apple Jelly Glaze
- 1 18- ounce jar apple jelly
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha hot chili sauce (1 for milder)
- 1 tablespoon liquid imitation butter (or 1/2 stick real butter)
*** Simmer while stirring for about 10 minutes, brush on Glaze while warm.
- Cut jalapeño in half and de-seed. Stuff with cheddar and cream cheese.
- Then wrap jalapeño with a thin slice of chicken breast.
- Secure 2 strips of bacon with toothpicks, one end to end and another around it.
- Sprinkle with Killer Hog’s rub and smoke for 2 hours at 250 F.
- Finish with our apple jelly glaze for 30 minutes