Get your grill on with this delicious Grilled Tri Tip recipe by the Killer Hogs BBQ Team!
- 1 Tri Tip Roast (2.5-3lbs avg.)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Granulated Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Pepper
- Drizzle Olive Oil over both sides of Tri Tip roast.
- Season both sides of Tri Tip with salt, garlic and pepper. Allow Tri Tip to sit on counter for 45 minutes – 1 hours to reach room temperature before grilling.
- Prepare charcoal grill for 2-zone cooking with coals (to create your hot side) on one side and a void on other side (to create your cool side). Place a chunk of pecan wood on hot coals for smoke flavor.
- Place Tri Tip on cool side of grill and insert probe thermometer set for 115⁰. Cook Tri Tip for 25-30 minutes or until internal temp reaches 115⁰.
- Move Tri Tip to hot side.
- Sear the Tri Tip on both sides for 4 minutes each side or until internal temperature reaches 130-135⁰.
- Remove from grill and rest for 15 minutes.
- Slice against the grain and serve with prepared chimichurri sauce or your favorite BBQ sauce.